Physical Education Curriculum(2018-2019) Class 11th.
Unit I: Changing Trends & Career In Physical Education:
- 1.1: Meaning & definition of Physical Education.
- 1.2: Aims & Objectives of Physical Education.
- 1.3: Changing trends in Physical Education.
- 1.4: Various Physical Education Courses available in India.
- 1.5: Career Options in Physical Education.
- 1.6: Soft skills required for different careers.
Unit II Olympic Movement:
- 2.1: Ancient & Modern Olympics (Summer & Winter).
- 2.2: Olympic Symbols, Ideals, Objectives & Values.
- 2.3: International Olympic Committee.
- 2.4: Indian Olympic Association.
- 2.5: Dronacharya Award, Arjuna Award & Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- 2.6: Organisational set-up of CBSE Sports & Chacha Nehru Sports Award.
Unit III Physical Fitness, Wellness & Lifestyle:
- 3.1: Meaning & Importance Of Physical Fitness, Wellness & Lifestyle.
- 3.2: Components of physical fitness.
- 3.3: Components of Health-related fitness.
- 3.4: Components of wellness.
- 3.5: Preventing Health Threats Through Lifestyle Change.
- 3.6: The concept of Positive Lifestyle.
Unit IV Physical Education & Sports for CWSN (Children With Special Needs- Divyang):
- 4.1: Aims & objectives of Adaptive Physical Education.
- 4.2: The organization promoting Adaptive Sports (Special Olympics Bharat; Paralympics; Deaflympics).
- 4.3: Concept and need of Integrated Physical Education.
- 4.4: Concept of Inclusion, its need, and Implementation.
- 4.5: Role of various professionals for children with special needs
(Counsellor, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Physical Education Teacher, Speech Therapist & special Educator).
Unit V Yoga:
- 5.1: Meaning & Importance of Yoga.
- 5.2: Elements of Yoga.
- 5.3: Introduction – Asanas, Pranayam, Meditation & Yogic Kriyas.
- 5.4: Yoga for concentration & related Asanas (Sukhasana; Tadasana; Padmasana & Shashankasana).
- 5.5: Relaxation Techniques for improving concentration – Yog-nidra.
Unit VI Physical Activity & Leadership Training:
- 6.1: Concept of Physical Activity & Inactivity.
- 6.2: Leadership Qualities & Role of a Leader.
- 6.3: Behavior change stages of physical activity (Pre-contemplation; Contemplation; Planning; Active; Maintenance)
- 6.4: Creating leaders through Physical Education.
- 6.5: Meaning, objectives & types of Adventure Sports (Rock Climbing, Tracking, River Rafting, Mountaineering, Surfing and Para Gliding.
- 6.6: Safety measures during physical activity and adventure sports.
Unit VII Test, Measurement & Evaluation:
- 7.1: Define Test, Measurement & Evaluation.
- 7.2: Importance Of Test, Measurement & Evaluation In Sport.
- 7.3: Calculation Of BMI & Waist-Hip Ratio.
- 7.4: Somato Types (Endomorphy, Mesomorphy & Ectomorphy).
- 7.5: Procedures For Anthropometric Measurement – Height, Weight, Arm & Leg Length.
Unit VIII Fundamentals Of Anatomy & Physiology:
- 8.1: Define Anatomy, Physiology & Its Importance.
- 8.2: Function Of Skeleton System, Classification of Bones & Types of Joints.
- 8.3: Properties of Muscle.
- 8.4: Function & Structure Of Muscles.
- 8.5: Function & Structure Of Respiratory System, Mechanism of Respiration.
- 8.6: Structure Of Heart & Introduction to Circulatory System.
- 8.7: Oxygen debt, second-wind.
Unit IX Kinesiology, Biomechanics & Sports:
- 9.1: Meaning & Importance of Kinesiology & Biomechanics in Phy. Edu. & Sports.
- 9.2: Concept of Musculoskeletal System.
- 9.3: Joints – Articulation of Bones (Neck, Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, and Knees).
- 9.4: Major Muscles around the Joints (Neck, Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, and Knees).
- 9.5: Levers & Its Types and its application in sports.
- 9.6: Equilibrium – Dynamic & Static And Centre of Gravity and its application in sports.
Unit X Psychology & Sports:
- 10.1: Definition & Importance of Psychology in Phy. Edu. & Sports.
- 10.2: Define & Differentiate Between Growth & Development.
- 10.3: Developmental Characteristics At Different Stage of Development.
- 10.4: Adolescent Problems & Their Management.
- 10.5: Define Learning, Laws Of Learning (Law of Readiness; Law of Effect & Law of Exercise) & Transfer of Learning.
- 10.6: Emotion: Concept, Type & Controlling of emotion.
Unit XI Training In Sports:
- 11.1: Meaning & Concept of Sports Training.
- 11.2: Principles of Sports Training.
- 11.3: Warming up & limbering down.
- 11.4: Load, Symptoms of Over-load, Adaptation & Recovery.
- 11.5: Skill, Technique & Style.
- 11.6: Role of Free-play in the development of Motor Component.
Unit XII Doping:
- 12.1: Concept & classification of doping.
- 12.2: Prohibited Substances & Methods.
- 12.3: Athletes Responsibilities.
- 12.4: Side Effects Of Prohibited Substances.
- 12.5: Ergogenic aids & doping in sports.
- 12.6: Doping control procedure.
01. Physical Fitness (AAHPER) – 10 Marks
02. A skill of anyone Individual Game of choice from the given list** – 10 Marks
03. Viva – 05 Marks
04. Record File*** – 05.