syllabus of Business Studies for Class 11th (Part ‘B’).
Part B: Finance and Trade: (50 Marks)-
UNIT 7: Sources of Business Finance: (7th+8th= 20 Marks.)
- 7.1: Concept of business finance.
- 7.2: Owners’ funds- equity shares, preferences share, retained earnings, Global Depository receipt (GDR), American Depository Receipt (ADR) and International Depository Receipt (IDR) – concept.
- 7.3: Borrowed funds: debentures and bonds, a loan from the financial institution and commercial banks, public deposits, trade credit, Inter Corporate Deposits (ICD).
UNIT 8: Small Business and Enterprises: (7th+8th= 20 Marks)-
- 8.1: Entrepreneurship Development (ED): Concept, Characteristics, and Need:
- Process Entrepreneurship Development: Start-up India Scheme, ways to fund start-up:
- Intellectual Property Rights and Entrepreneurship.
- 8.2: Small-scale enterprise as defined by MSMED Act 2006 (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development Act).
- 8.3: Role of small business in India with special reference to rural areas.
- 8.4: Government schemes and agencies for small-scale industries: National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) and District Industrial Centre (DIC) with special reference to rural, backward areas.
Unit 9: Internal Trade: (9th+10th=20 Marks.)
- 9.1: Internal trade – meaning and types services rendered by a wholesaler and a retailer
- GST (Goods and Services Tax): Concept and key-features.
- 9.2: Types of retail-trade-Itinerant and small-scale fixed shops retailers.
- 9.3: Large-scale retailers-Departmental stores, chain stores – concept.
- 9.4: Concept of the automatic vending machine.
- 9.5: Main documents used in internal trade: Performa invoice, invoice, debit note, credit note. Lorry receipt (LR) and Railways Receipt (RR).
- 9.6: Terms of Trade: Cash on Delivery (COD), Free on Board (FOB), Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF), Errors and Omissions Excepted (E&OE).
UNIT 10: International Trade: (9th+10th= 20 Marks)
- 10.1: International trade – concept.
- 10.2: International trade – concept and benefits.
- 10.3: Export trade- Meaning, objectives, and procedure of Export Trade.
- 10.4: Import Trade- Meaning, objectives, and procedure.
- 10.5: Documents involved in International Trade; indent, letter of credit, shipping order, shipping bills, mate’s receipt(DA/DP), a specimen of the documents, importance.
- 10.6: World Trade Organization (WTO) meaning and objectives.