syllabus of Business Studies for Class 11th(Part- ‘A’)
Part A: Foundation of Business-
Unit 1: Nature and Purpose of Business: (1st+2nd= 20 marks)
1.1: History of Commerce in India:
- Indigenous Banking System.
- A rise of Intermediaries, Transport, Trading Communities:
- Merchant Corporations, Major Trade Centres, Major Imports and Exports, Position of Indian Sub-Continent in the World Economy.
1.2: Business Concept:
- The concept includes meaning and features.
- 1.3: Business, profession, and employment-Concept.
- 1.4: Objectives of business.
- 1.5: Classification of business activities – Industry and Commerce.
- 1.6: Industry-types: primary, secondary, tertiary Meaning and subgroups.
- 1.7: Commerce-trade:
- (types-internal, external; wholesale and retail).
- auxiliaries to trade; (banking, insurance, transportation, warehousing, communication, and advertising) – meaning.
- Business risk-Concept.
UNIT 2: Forms of Business Organizations: (1st+ 2nd= 20 Marks)
- 2.1: Sole Proprietorship-Concept, merits, and limitations.
- 2.2: Partnership-Concept, types, merits and limitation of partnership, registration of a partnership firm, partnership deed. Types of partners.
- 2.3: Hindu Undivided Family Business: Concept.
- 2.4: Cooperative Societies-Concept, merits, and limitations.
- Company– Concept, merits, and limitations; Types: Private, Public and One Person Company – Concept.
- 2.6: Formation of company-stages, important documents to be used in the formation of a company.
- 2.7: Choice of form of business organization.
UNIT-3: Public, Private and Global Enterprises: (3rd+4th= 18 Marks)
- 3.1: Public sector and private sector enterprises – Concept.
- 3.2: Forms of public sector enterprises: Departmental Undertakings, Statutory Corporations, and Government Company.
- Global enterprises (MNCs) – Features, Joint ventures, Public-private partnership – concept.
UNIT 4: Business Services: (3rd+4th=18 marks)
- 4.1: Business services and its types – Meaning. Banking: Types of bank accounts- savings, current, recurring, fixed deposit and multiple option deposit account.
- 4.2: Banking services with particular reference to Bank Draft, Bank Overdraft, Cash credit. E-Banking meaning, Types of digital payments.
- 4.3: Insurance-: Principles, Types –life, health, fire and marine insurance–concept.
- 4.4: Postal Service-Mail, Registered Post, Parcel, Speed Post, Courier-meaning.
UNIT 5: Emerging Modes of Business: (5th+6th= 18 Marks)
- 5.1: E-business (concept), scope and benefits.
- 5.2: Business Process Outsourcing (BPO): Concept, need and scope.
UNIT 6: Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics: (5th+6th= 18 Marks)
- 6.1: Concept of social responsibility.
- 6.2: Case of social responsibility.
- 6.3: Responsibility towards owners, investors, consumers, employees, government, and community.
- 6.4: Environment protection and business-Meaning and role.
- 6.5: Business Ethics-Concept and Elements.