Syllabus of Business Studies for Class 12th (Part- ‘A’)
Part A: Principles and Functions of Management:
Unit 1: Nature and Significance of Management:(1st+2nd+3rd= 16 Mar.)
- 1.1: Management-concept, objectives, and importance.
- The concept includes meaning and features.
- 1.2: Management of Science, Art, and Profession.
- 1.3: Levels of Management.
- 1.4: Management functions-planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling.
- 1.5: Coordination- concept, and importance.
Unit 2: Principles of Management: (1st+ 2nd+3rd= 16 Mar.)
- 2.1: Principles of Management- concept and significance.
- 2.2: Fayol’s principles of management.
- 2.3: Taylor’s Scientific management- principles and techniques.
Unit 3: Business Environment: (1st+2nd+3rd= 16 Mar.)
- 3.1: Business Environment- concept and importance.
- 3.2: Dimensions of Business Environment- Economic, Social, Technological, Political and Legal.
- Demonetization – concept, and features.
- 3.3: Impact of Government policy changes on business with special reference to liberalization, privatization, and globalization in India.
4. Planning: (4th+5th= 14 Mar.)
- 4.1: Concept, importance, and limitation.
- 4.2: Single use and standing plans. Objectives, Strategy, Policy, Procedure, method Rule, budget, and Programme.
5. Organising: (4th+5th= 14 Mar.)
- 5.1: Concept and importance.
- 5.2: Organising Process.
- 5.3: Structure of organization- functional and divisional concept. Formal and informal organization- concept.
- 5.4: Delegation: concept, elements, and importance.
- 5.5: Decentralization: concept and importance.
Unit 6: Staffing:(6th+7th+8th= 20 Mar.)
- 6.1: Concept and importance of staffing.
- 6.2: Staffing as a part of Human Resource Management concept.
- 6.3: Staffing process.
- 6.4: Recruitment process.
- 6.5: Selection- process.
- 6.6: Training and Development- Concept and importance, Methods of training- on the job and off the job – vestibule training, apprenticeship training and internship training.
Unit 7: Directing: (6th+7th+8th= 20 Mar.)
- 7.1: Concept and importance.
- 7.2: Elements of Directing.
- 7.3: Supervision –concept, the function of a supervisor.
- 7.4: Motivation-concept, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, Financial and non-financial incentives.
- 7.5: Leadership- concept, styles- authoritative, democratic and laissez-faire.
- 7.6: Communication- concept, formal and informal communication; barriers to effective communication, how to overcome the barriers.
Unit 8: Controlling:(6th+7th+8th= 20 Mar.)
- 8.1: Concept and importance.
- 8.2: Relationship between planning and controlling.
- 8.3: Steps in process of control.