Syllabus of Home Science For Class 12th (PRACTICAL).
CLASS XII (2018 – 19)
Maximum Marks: 30
- Human Development: Life Span Approach (Part II):
- Identify the problems of adjustment of adolescents with the help of a tool (group activity) and make a report.
- Spend a day with an aged person and observe the needs and problems. Write a report.
- List and discuss at least 4 areas of agreement and disagreement of self with:-
- (i). Mother.
- (ii). Friends.
- (iii). Father.
- (iv). Siblings.
- (2). Nutrition for Self, Family, and Community:
- Record one day diet of an individual and evaluate it against principles of the balanced diet.
- Plan a meal and modify for any one physiological condition – Fever, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Jaundice, Hypertension, Diabetes, Pregnancy, Lactations, Old age and Infants. Prepare a dish.
- Identify food adulteration: using visual and chemical methods; Turmeric, Chana Dal, Bura Sugar, Milk, Tea leaves, Coriander, Black Pepper Seeds, Desi-ghee.
- Prepare ORS Solution.
- (3) Money Management and Consumer Education:
- Collect and fill savings account opening form in Post Office and Bank.
- Fill up the following forms and paste in file: Withdrawal slip, Deposit slips, Draft slip and cheque (bearer of A/c payee).
- Collect labels of any three products and compare them with mandatory requirements.
- Prepare one label each of any three items bearing ISI, FPO, Agmark.
- (4). Apparel: Designing, Selection and Care:
- Illustrate principles of design or elements of art on a paper or cloth and evaluate them.
- Removal of different types of stains: tea, coffee, curry, grease, blood, lipstick, ball pen.
- Examine and evaluate readymade garments for their workmanship. [at-least two].
- Make sample of Hemming, Backstitch, Interlocking, and Press buttons, hooks and eye.
- (5). Community Development and Extension:
- Visit any two places (home/restaurant/school/business centre, etc.) and observe its measure for safe drinking water and general conditions of hygiene around it.