Syllabus of Physical Education & Sports For Class 12th.
Theory Max. Marks 70
Unit I Planning in Sports:
- Meaning & Objectives Of Planning.
- Various Committees & its Responsibilities (pre; during & post)
- Tournament – Knock-Out, League Or Round Robin & Combination.
- Procedure To Draw Fixtures – Knock-Out (Bye & Seeding) & League (Staircase & Cyclic).
- Intramural & Extramural – Meaning, Objectives & Its Significance.
- Specific Sports Programme (Sports Day, Health Run, Run For Fun, Run For Specific Cause & Run For Unity).
Unit II Sports & Nutrition:
- Balanced Diet & Nutrition: Macro & Micro Nutrients.
- Nutritive & Non-Nutritive Components Of Diet.
- Eating For Weight Control – A Healthy Weight, The Pitfalls Of Dieting, Food Intolerance & Food Myths.
- Sports nutrition & its effect on performance (fluid & meal intake, pre, during & post-competition).
- Food supplement for children.
Unit III: Yoga & Lifestyle:
- Asanas as preventive measures.
- Obesity: Procedure, Benefits & contraindications for Vajrasana, Hastasana, Trikonasana, Ardh Matsyendrasana
- Diabetes: Procedure, Benefits & contraindications for Bhujangasana, Paschimottasana, Pavan Muktasana, Ardh Matsyendrasana.
- Asthema: Procedure, Benefits & contraindications for Sukhasana, Chakrasana, Gomukhasana, Parvatasana, Bhujangasana, Paschimottasana, Matsyasana.
- Hypertension: Tadasana, Vajrasana, Pavan Muktasana, Ardha Chakrasana, Bhujangasana, Sharasana.
- Back Pain: Tadasana, Ardh Matsyendrasana, Vakrasana, Shalabhasana, Bhujangasana.
Unit IV Physical Education & Sports for CWSN (Children With Special Needs – Divyang):
- Concept of Disability & Disorder.
- Types of Disability, its causes & nature (cognitive disability, intellectual disability, physical disability).
- Types of Disorder, its cause & nature (ADHD, SPD, ASD, ODD, OCD)
- Disability Etiquettes
- Advantage of Physical Activities for children with special needs.
- Strategies to make Physical Activities assessable for children with special need.
Unit V Children & Sports:
- Motor development & factors affecting it.
- Exercise Guidelines at different stages of growth & Development.
- Advantages & disadvantages of weight training.
- Concept & advantages of Correct Posture.
- Causes of Bad Posture.
- Common Postural Deformities – Knock Knee; Flat Foot; Round Shoulders; Lordosis, Kyphosis, Bow Legs and Scolioses.
- Corrective Measures for Postural Deformities.
Unit VI Women & Sports:
- Sports participation of women in India.
- Special consideration (Menarch & Menstural Disfunction).
- Female Athletes Triad (Oestoperosis, Amenoria, Eating Disorders)
- Psychological aspects of women athlete.
- Sociological aspects of sports participation.
Unit VII Test & Measurement in Sports:
- Computation of Fat Percentage –
Slaughter – Lohman Children Skinfold Formula:
Triceps & Calf Skinfold (Male 6 to 17 yrs – % body fat = (0.735 X sum of skinfold) + 1.0
(Female 6 to 17 yrs – % body fat = (0.610 X sum of skinfold) + 5.0.
- Measurement of Muscular Strength – Kraus Weber Test.
- Motor Fitness Test – AAPHER.
- General Motor Fitness – Barrow three item general motor ability (Standing Broad Jump, Zig Zag Run, Medicine Ball Put – For Boys: 03 Kg & For Girls: 01 Kg).
- Measurement of Cardio Vascular Fitness – Harvard Step Test.
- Computation of Fitness Index: Duration of the Exercise in Seconds x 100
5.5 x Pulse count of 1-1.5 Min after Exercise.
- Rikli & Jones – Senior Citizen Fitness Test 1. Chair Stand Test for lower body strength.
- Arm Curl Test for upper body strength.
- Chair Sit & Reach Test for lower body
4. Back Scratch Test for upper body
- Eight Foot Up & Go Test for agility.
- Six Minute Walk Test for Aerobic
Unit VIII Physiology & Sports:
- Gender differences in physical & physiological parameters.
- The physiological factor determining component of Physical Fitness.
- Effect of exercise on Cardio Vascular System.
- Effect of exercise on Respiratory System.
- Effect of exercise on Muscular System.
- Physiological changes due to ageing.
- Role of physical activity maintaining functional fitness in aged population.
Unit IX Sports Medicine:
- Concept, Aims & Scope of Sports Medicine.
- Sports injuries: Classification, Causes & Prevention.
- First Aid – Aims & Objectives
- Management of Injuries:
Soft Tissue Injuries:
(Abrasion, Contusion, Laceration, Incision, Sprain & Strain)
Bone & Joint Injuries:
(Dislocation, Fractures: Stress Fracture, Green Stick, Communated Transverse Oblique & impacted).
Unit X Kinesiology, Biomechanics & Sports:
- Introduction to Axes & Planes.
- Types of movements (Flexion, Extension, Adbuction & Adduction).
- Major Muscles involved in running, jumping & throwing.
- Newton’s Law of Motion & its application in sports.
- Projectile & factors affecting Projectile Trajectory
- Friction & Sports.
Unit XI Psychology & Sports:
- Understanding Stress & Coping Strategies (Problem Focussed & Emotional Focussed).
- Personality; its definition & types – Trait & Types (Sheldon & Jung Classification) & Big Five Theory.
- Motivation, its type & techniques.
- Exercise Adherence; Reasons to Exercise, Benefits of Exercise.
- Strategies for Enhancing Adherence to Exercise.
- Meaning, Concept & Types of Aggressions in Sports.
Unit XII Training in Sports:
- Strength – Definition, types & methods of improving Strength – Isometric, Isotonic & Isokinetic.
- Endurance – Definition, types & methods to develop Endurance – Continuous Training, Interval Training & Fartlek Training.
- Speed – Definition, types & methods to develop Speed – Acceleration Run & Pace Run.
- Flexibility – Definition, types & methods to improve flexibility.
- Coordinative Abilities – Definition & types.
- Circuit Training – Introduction & its importance.