Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas-
The idea of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas was conceived by former Prime Minister of India. The concept of opening a JNV in every district of India was born as a part of the National Policy on Education, 1986 with an aim of providing excellence coupled with social justice. Subsequently, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) was registered as a society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
As per policy of the government, one JNV was to be established in each district of the country. To start with, two Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas were established during 1985–86, at Jhajjar (Haryana) and Amravati (Maharashtra). As of the 2015-16 academic session, JNVs had been sanctioned for 576 districts. In addition, ten JNVs have been sanctioned in districts having a large population of ST population, ten in districts having a large concentration of SC population and two special JNVs in Manipur, bringing the total number of sanctioned JNVs to 598.Out of these 591 JNVs are functional. In November 2016, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved the opening of one JNV in each of the 62 uncovered districts.That will bring the total number of JNVs to 660 once operational.
- Selection in the selection test will not vest any right upon the candidate to secure admission into JNV till the candidate produces all the relevant certificates such as birth certificate, pass certificate of VIII class with mark sheets, SC/ST certificate, if any, as prescribed by NVS for the admission.
- Details of the marks obtained in the test will not be communicated and there is no provision for re-checking/re-totaling.
- Candidates will be considered for the admission only into that Vidyalaya for which he/she has appeared for Selection Test.
- Date of Examination – Saturday 19th May 2018
- The time of duration 2 ½ hours (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM). However, in respect of candidates with special needs (Divyang), additional time of 30 minutes will be provided, subject to the production of certificates from the competent authority
- Centre for Exam Shall be the JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA of the district concerned/ any other center allotted by NVS. If there is any change, the same will be indicated in the admit card.
- The medium of Language for Examination will be English/Hindi
- Students have to answer in OMR sheet
- Selection Test will consist of subjects of Mathematics, General Science, English and Hindi. The difficulty level of the test paper shall be of Class VIII.
- English – 15 Marks
- Hindi – 15 Marks
- Maths – 35 Marks
- Science – 35 Marks
- Total – 100 Marks
- The test will be of objective type with 2 ½ hours duration without any break.
- Merit List will be announced as per the NVS selection criteria.
- The existing vacant seats in the SC/ST category as notified is reserved for the SC/ST students.
- For vacancy position, the website of NVS(HQ) may be referred.
- Online applications may be submitted through www.nvsadmissionclassnine.in from 01st March 2018. The last date to apply for Class-IX Lateral Entry test is 5th April 2018.
- Application Form duly completed in all respect must reach “the Office of the Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya” of the concerned district on or before Monday the 05th April 2018
- Duly filled in application forms must be sent through registered post A/D. If the candidate prefers to submit Application Form in person, he/she is advised to get the acknowledgment from the office of the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
- Applications may be submitted by accessing NVS website www.nvshq.org