Sainik School Tilaiya-
Sainik School, Tilaiya, Jharkhand, India, prepares boys academically, physically and mentally for entry into the Defence Services and those who follow other paths, for responsible positions in other walks of life.
The laying of the foundation stone of Sainik School was on 16 Sept 1963. The school was created by the efforts of the then Union Defence Minister, Late V K Krishna Menon, the Chief Minister from Bihar Late K B Sahay and scholar Principal Lt Col LEG Smith. Today it is a top ranking nursery to the NDA.
Located nearly 1 km from Tilaiya dam in the district of Koderma, Sainik School Tilaiya is 18 km away from the nearest railhead – Koderma on the Howrah – Delhi chord line nearer to Gaya. The Chhotanagpur Plateau and Tilaiya provide a backdrop to the school.
- It prepares students for All India Secondary School Examination (Class – X), All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Class – XII) and Union Public Service Commission Examination.
- Its curriculum includes co-curricular activities and Socially Useful Productive Work, sports and NCC training.
- The school has smart classrooms.
- It also has a well-stocked library with Internet access.
- The school also has well-equipped biology, chemistry, physics and English Language labs. The computer lab comes with the latest machines and broadband internet facility.
- The school also has excellent sports facilities for football, basketball, volleyball, hockey, and cricket.
|General / Defence Category|
|Pocket Money *||1500||1500||1500|
|Security Money **||3000||3000||3000|
Sainik School Entrance Eligibility Criteria-
Parents must read and re-ensure that their children are eligible for admission in Sainik School Tilaiya in Class 6th/ 9th. If found not eligible at a later stage, the boy will immediately be disqualified from the admission process. The Sainik School Tilaiya Eligibility Criteria is as follows:
- For admission in Class 6th: The age of the candidate must be 10-11 years as on 1st July of admission year and have cleared Class 5th in the previous academic year.
- For admission in Class 9th: The age of the candidate must be 13-14 years as on 1st July of admission year and have cleared Class 8th in the previous academic year.
Sainik School Tilaiya Entrance Exam Pattern-
The Sainik School Tilaiya Entrance Examination will be conducted in English and Hindi for the boys seeking admission in Class 6th and for the boys seeking admission in Class 9th it will English only. Detailed Sainik School Tilaiya Exam Pattern is given in the table below:
|For Class VI|
|09:00 AM to 11:00 AM||Mathematics||100|
|Language Ability Test||100|
|12:00 PM to 12:50 PM||Intelligence Test||100|
|For Class IX|
|09:00 AM to 11:00 AM||Mathematics||200|
|12:00 PM to 12:50 PM||English||100|
Sainik School Tilaiya Admission Process
The admission process for Sainik School Tilaiya consists of Entrance Test (AISSEE), Interview and Medical Tests.
• The Interview will be scheduled a few weeks after AISSEE has been successfully conducted. The interview will carry 50 marks and the final list of selected candidates will be prepared on the basis of merit in AISSEE and Interview.
• The Medical Test will be the final round of the admission process of Sainik School Tilaiya. The candidate will be examined for any contagious diseases by the Military Professionals.
• Admission will be granted only to those boys who have cleared all the rounds of the procedure successfully.
Distt- Koderma, (Jharkhand)