Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna (KVPY) has been in existence since 1999. This is initiated and funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. This Scholarship–Fellowship program encourages basic science students in furthering his or her education in basic science courses and in research. The student must fulfill the eligibility criteria to appear for the exam.
The exam in this stream would include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. All the four subjects are necessary to crack the exams.
For Biology, there is no prescribed syllabus however the students would be tested for the syllabus up to class X. Not to mention you need to cover the entire syllabus of class IX and class X. The exam is intended to test your analytical ability, so in order to crack the test you must focus on building you aptitude and reasoning skills in the subject.
SB-Stream And SX-Stream
There are two parts of paper. Both part include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. For the first part of the exam students can choose to answer any three of the subjects. Furthermore for the second part of the exam students can choose to answer any two of the subjects.
You have to follow a proper schedule. The main focus should be to build your understanding and analytical ability in the subject. Solve as many problems on daily basis. Evaluate yourself by giving mock tests. Student preparing for JEE Advance or AIPMT would have advantage.
- Take good study material. NCERT is the recommended book. You may also read any reference book of your choice. Coaching institute also provide you with the study materials and question sheets.
- Solve as many previous year’s KVPY exam papers as possible.
- Solve NCERT Example questions and exercises.
- Important topics are Genetics and Biotechnology, Photosynthesis, Tissue, Sexual Reproduction in Flowering plants, Nervous and Endocrine system. You must cover the entire syllabus to crack the exams. Important topics must be studied thoroughly.
- To crack KVPY you must focus on all the four subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology for SA-Stream. For SB-Stream you must focus on subjects of your course, i.e. PCB or PCM.
- Choose your subjects wisely for SB and SX stream, which you wish to answer for both part-I and part-II. Medical students may select PCB for part-I and CB for Part-II.
- Give mock tests regularly.
- Evaluate yourself and prepare accordingly.
Once you have been shortlisted after the aptitude test, you will be called for interview. For receiving a fellowship both aptitude test and interview marks are considered.
Wish you all the best for your future. -Arman Alam and Team
Please Subscribe Us to get Free Exam Preparation Materials and Many More…
[formidable id=”2″ title=”1″]