The dates for the CBSE board exams and the date sheet have been released
Hello students, do not fret about exams. This might not be a fun experience but exams are great ways to learn and keep your learning in check.
Few essential points to keep in mind while studying, whether you are studying for class 1st or your 12th board exams:
- BE ATTENTIVE: Often we underestimate the importance of listening to our teachers. It is absolutely essential as they not only explain the course material but also emphasis on important topics that are often asked in exams. Listening attentively during class makes your course work more understandable.
- CLEAR YOUR DOUBTS: As much as it is important to understand your material, asking any doubt that arise will help you have a tight grip on your subject. Do not hesitate to ask question however silly they are. These silly sounding questions will make it harder for you to build good basic knowledge. So ask questions.
- FOCUS ON YOUR END GOAL: Remember this, that the end goal to your education is not scoring good grades but learning. Keep that in mind. No matter how unmotivated you are, it is important to think of education as less burden more opportunity.
Every subject has different syllabus, different method of learning, different revision techniques. Here’s a subject wise preparation guide:
MATHEMATICS: Practice, practice, practice! I know you’ve heard this a million times by now. But trust me this is the only way to get it right. Topics like circles, surface area and volume, probability, construction, some basics of trigonometry are important. They lay foundation for your further studies in science. Emphasize on NCERT textbook and practice past papers.
SCIENCE: Read NCERTs well. Past papers will give you an insight of the type of questions usually asked, the topics which are essential to revise.
– PHYSICS: Physics is a conceptual subject. Read and understand the course book material very well. Most of the questions are formulae based or theorem based. Revise them well. Practice ray diagrams.
– CHEMISTRY: It is a very scoring subject. Make a chart of chemical reactions and learn them well and revise whenever you get the time. Metals and non metals and carbon and its compound are chapter with maximum weightage. Learn theories and models from periodic properties.
-BIOLOGY: Learn your topics with diagrams, it will help understand the topic really well. Read theory and learn definitions, some terminologies are difficult and needs memorizing. Writing them will help you learn them better. Heredity and evolution, control and coordination are important to understand.
SOCIAL STUDIES: Read as many times as you can in order to have a better understanding of the subjects. Learn definitions wherever you can. For history, write important dates and go through them as many times as you can. Practice past papers.
LANGUAGES: For all the languages. Read the NCERT text book material well. Literature section is easier to score in. Practice more unseen passages and writing skills as much as you can. Focus on grammar since the beginning. Past papers are a good way to practice and revise.