Sainik School Goalpara-
Sainik School Goalpara, Assam, India, was established on 12 November 1964, under the Sainik Schools Society, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence (India). The idea of Sainik schools was presented by the then Defence Minister V.K.Menon in 1961. The school was initially established in the town of Goalpara which is a district headquarter. Subsequently, the school was shifted to its present location at Rajapara Village in Mornai in Goalpara District. Initially, 18 Sainik schools were founded.
|Motto||सर्व मे साध्यम्|
|Established||12 November 1964|
|Grades||Class VI up to XII|
|Age range||10 to 18|
|Houses||Abhimanyu, Bhaskar, Anirudha, Chilarai, Lachit, Lohit, Udaygiri and Ekalavya|
|Affiliations||Central Board of Secondary Education|
No. of Seats Available in Sainik School Goalpara:
- For Class 6th – 110 Seats
- For Class 9th – 15 Seats.
Sainik School Goalpara Admission 2018-19 Eligibility Criteria:
Age Limit Criteria Details: Only the boys are eligible to take admission in this school and as per the school norms for class 6th the age should be 10 to 11 years (02 July 2007 to 01 July 2008) and for admission in class 9th the age group should be of 13 to 14 years (02 July 2004 to 01 July 2005). There should be a date of a birth certificate in order to give the age proof of the child. Applicant should qualify the 08th Standard examination from an authorized board. Appearing students can also apply.
Registration Fee and Prospectus Cost:
- By Post Mode: For General/Defence Category Applicants Rs.500/– and For SC/ST Rs.350/- pay the fee through Demand Draft in favor of ‘ Principal, Sainik School Goalpara’ payable at the SBI Mornai Code 9148.
- By Hand/Online Mode: For General/Defence Category Rs.400/- and for SC/ST Category applicants Rs.250/- as registration fee. Get the admission form or prospectus from the official website of Sainik School Goalpara.
- Old Question Papers Cost – For Class VI is Rs.100/- and For Class IX is Rs.150/– only.
Selection of applicant will be made on the basis of performance in Entrance Exam followed by Medical Examination and Personal interview based.
- The school is a member of the IPSC (Indian Public School Conference).
- Co-curricular activities like essay writing, GK quiz, debate, recitation, extempore, etc. are an important part of the curriculum.
- The school has state-of-the-art science labs, computer labs, library, reading room, auditorium and other facilities.
- It also has 5 football fields, 6 volleyball courts, 8 basketball courts, 2 cricket grounds, 2 lawn tennis courts, 4 handball grounds and other sports facilities.
Rajapara (Assam) -783233