CBSE Class 7 Maths Syllabus Topic wise & Lessons
Maths syllabus of class 7th:
Basics of Integers.
Operations on Integers.
Multiplication and division of Integers.
- properties of Integers.
- Properties of Multiplication of Integers.
2. Fractions and Decimals:
Multiplication of Fractions.
Division of Fractions.
Multiplication and Division of Decimal Numbers.
3. Data Handling:
Median and Mode.
Chance and Probability.
4. Simple Equations:
- Simple Equations.
2. Recall: Expressions and Equations.
3. Setting up an Equation.
4. Solving an Equation.
5. Application of simple equations to practical situations.
5. Lines and Angles:
Angles and its Types.
Pair of Lines.
6. The Triangle and its Properties:
Basics of Triangles
Equilateral and Isosceles Triangles
Exterior Angle of a triangle & its property.
Angle sum property of a triangle.
7. Congruence of Triangles:
- The idea of congruence in geometry.
2. Congruence of plane figures, line segments, angles.
3. Criteria for congruence of triangles.
4. Congruence among right-angled triangles.
8. Comparing Quantities:
- Comparing Quantities.
2. Equivalent Ratios.
3. Percentage : Another way of comparing quantities.
4. Converting fractional and decimal numbers to percentage.
5. Converting percentage to fractions or decimal numbers.
6. Uses of Percentage : Interpreting and converting percentages.
7. Uses of Percentage : Ratio to Percent, Increase of Decrease as percent.
8. Profit or Loss as Percentage.
9. Introduction to simple interest for one and multiple years.
9. Rational Numbers:
- Introduction to rational numbers and their need.
2. Positive and negative natural numbers and their representation on number line.
3. Rational numbers in standard form.
4. Representation of rational number as a decimal.
5. Comparison of rational numbers.
6. Rational numbers between two rational numbers.
7. Operations in rational numbers.
8. Word problems on rational numbers (all operations).
10. Practical Geometry:
- Construction of a line parallel to a given line, through a point not on the line.
2. Construction of Triangles : An idea.
3. Constructing a triangle when the lengh of its sides are known (SSS Criterion).
4. Constructing a triangle when the length its two sides and the measure of the angle between them are known (SAS Criterion).
5. Constructing a triangle when the measure of two of its angles and the length of the side included between them is given (ASA Criterion).
6. Constructing a Right-Angled Triangle when the length of one leg and its Hypotenous are given (RHS Criterion).
11. Perimeter and Area:
- Area of a parallelogram & triangle.
- Circles : Circumference & Area.
4. Perimeter of Polygons.
5. Conversion of units and its applications.
12. Algebraic Expressions:
Expressions and Its Parts.
Monomials, Binomials, Trinomials and Polynomials.
Operations on Algebraic Expressions.
13. Exponents and Powers:
- Why exponents and powers.
2. Exponents: The shorthand for repeated multiplications.
3. Laws of exponents.
4. Decimal number system and expressing large numbers in the standard form.
- Recalling reflection symmetry.
2. Line Symmetry.
3. Rotational Symmetry.
4. A comparison between line symmetry and rotational symmetry.
15. Visualising Solid Shapes:
- Introduction to plane figures and solid shapes (faces, edges and vertices).
2. Building 3-D Shapes.
3. Oblique Sketches.
4. Isometric Sketches.
5. Different sections of a solid (slicing/cutting & shadows).