About Computer Science Engineering And its Future Scope
“The best programs are written so that computing machines can perform them quickly and so that human beings can understand them clearly. A programmer is ideally an essayist who works with traditional aesthetic and literary forms as well as mathematical concepts, to communicate the way that an algorithm works and to convince a reader that the results will be correct.”
Computer Science Engineering (CSE) encompasses a variety of topics that relates to computation, like analysis of algorithms, programming languages, program design, software, and computer hardware.Computer Science engineering has roots in electrical engineering, mathematics, and linguistics. In the past Computer Science was taught as part of mathematics or engineering departments & in the recent days it has emerged as a separate engineering field.
NEED OF CSE Engineers
Computer science is the study of the theory, experimentation, and engineering that form the basis for the design and use of computers. It is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications and the systematic study of the feasibility, structure, expression, and mechanization of the methodical procedures (or algorithms) that underlie the acquisition, representation, processing, storage, communication of, and access to, information. An alternate, more succinct definition of computer science is the study of automating algorithmic processes that scale. A computer scientist specializes in the theory of computation and the design of computational systems.
• Software Developers : Software developers are professionals who are concerned with facets of the software development process which involves activities such as design and coding, computer programming, project management, etc.
• Hardware Engineers : These professionals do research, design, develop, test, and oversee the installation of computer hardware which inter alia includes computer chips, circuit boards, systems, modems, keyboards, and printers.
• System Designer : Professionals involved in system designing, Logical & Physical Designing wherein logical designing can be enumerated as the structure & characteristics such as output, input, files, database & procedures, etc.
• System Analyst : Computer engineers who work as systems analyst do research about the existing problems and plan solutions for the problem. They also recommend software and system related problems and coordinate development between business development teams.
• Networking Engineers : Networking engineers are computer professionals involved in designing, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer networks.
• DBA : DBA or Database Administrator are the professionals who are bestowed with the job to design, implement, maintain, and repair an organization’s database. Inter alia DBA professionals are also known as Database Coordinator or Database Programmer in IT sector.
The core courses for Computer Science Engineers are as follows:
• Computer architecture and organization
• Theory of computation
• Database systems
• Operating systems
• Computer Networks
• Foundations of Computer Systems
• Java Programming and Website Design
• E-commerce & ERP and Multimedia Applications
• Principles of Programming Languages
• Software Engineering
• Compiler Design
Google, Yahoo, Hewlett-Packard, International Business Machines Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Dell Inc, NEC Corporation, Canon Inc, Apple Inc, ASUSTEK Computer Inc, Acer Inc, Lenovo Group Limited, SAIC, Sun Microsystem, TCS, Infosys, HCL, Wipro, CMC, CMS, L&T, Techmahindra etc.
Various colleges and universities offer admissions to students through entrance tests. The entrance exams are organized at national, state or university level by the respective authorities. While some other institutions give admissions on the basis of merit list of the qualifying examination.
For admissions in B.Tech courses, admissions will be done through JEE Main examination. JEE Main is a national level exam regulated by the CBSE Board for providing admissions in B.Tech programmes offered by top colleges of the country. If you are looking for admission in M.Tech courses then you can appear in GATE examination.
So choose your career wisely and correctly and make your dreams come true because
“The most important property of a program is whether it accomplishes the intention of its user.”