NEET 2018 – NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2018 (NEET-UG-2018) will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), on May 6, 2018 in offline mode. The main purpose of the NEET is to provide MBBS/BDS courses in medical and dental institution in India as well as outside the country. From 8 February 2018 NEET 2018 form has been available in the market. Before 9th March 2018, the candidates who are interested to attempt the examination may submit the application form. NEET have some eligibility criteria so candidates must read the rules before filling the form. NEET announced, admit card will be available from mid April 2018. The details about the exam date, application form, eligibility, pattern, admit card, result and counseling of NEET 2018 are given below: –
NEET Application Form 2018
Recently. CBSE has released application form on February 8, 2018 in online mode. The candidates who are going to fill the application form must have to carry all their personal and academic documents. NEET requires candidates latest photograph and signature so students should be ready before filling the application form. Students can get other details from the following steps: –
- How to fill application form
First of all, candidates will have to open official website to fill the form .i.e. cbseneet.nic.in. After that register themselves so candidates get user id and password through which they can login and then fill the form. Candidates have to submit their all academic detail and recheck the application before submitting it
- Scanned Image Required
For NEET 2018 application form the candidates will have to upload their scanned copy of photograph, signature and right-hand index finger impression. The scanned details must be clear so that there may not create any kind of issue at the time of uploading.
- Payment Method
CBSE facilitates their candidates to pay the application fees in both online and offline mode. For online mode candidates can pay fees through Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking and for offline mode pay via e-challan by payment in CBSE’s bank account in Syndicate Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India and HDFC Bank.
|S. No.||Categories||Application Fees|
|1.||General/OBC Candidates||Rs. 1,400|
|2.||SC/ST/PH Candidates||Rs. 750|
- Printout of Confirmation Page
After the completion of payment and all, the candidates should take a print out of NEET 2018 confirmation page for future use.
NEET Important Dates 2018
|Application released||February 8, 2018|
|Last date to fill the Application||March 9, 2018 (11.50 PM)|
|Admit card release||April second week, 2018*|
|NEET 2018||May 6, 2018|
|Display of OMR Answer Sheet||May last week, 2018*|
|Official Answer Key Release||June first week, 2018*|
|Declaration of NEET Result||June 5, 2018|
|First Round of Counselling (AIQ)||June 12-24, 2018|
|Second Round of Counselling (AIQ)||July 6-12, 2018|
|Mop-Up Counselling Round||August 12-22, 2018|
NEET 2018 Exam Centres
There are about 2000 exam centres located in 150 cities, where NEET 2018 examination will be held. Candidates are requested to select the three exam centres of their preference while filling the application form. NEET allot the exam centres according to the candidates preference and also checking the availability of centres at the time of allotment. Once the centre will be allotted that cannot be changed.
NEET Exam Pattern 2018
|Mode of NEET 2018 Exam||Pen and Paper (Offline)|
|Duration of NEET Exam||180 Minutes (3 hours)|
|Medium of Exam||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada, Urdu|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of Questions||180|
|NEET 2018 Marking Scheme||4 marks will be rewarded for each correct response|
|Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
|Sections in NEET 2018 Exam||· Physics – 45 Questions
· Chemistry – 45 Questions
· Biology – 90 Questions
NEET 2018 Syllabus
The Medical Council of India (MCI) only has the authority to determine the NEET 2018 syllabus. Various topics and chapters are included in this syllabus which covers the Physics, Chemistry and Biology of class 11th and 12th. One most important thing is that NEET has prepared their syllabus after the survey of various state syllabi like CBSE, NCERT and COBSE.
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
For appearing this examination, NEET required some eligibility criteria to attend the exam which are listed below: –
- Nationality: All Indian nationality candidates are allowed to appear NEET 2018. Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Foreign Nationals are also eligible to attempt NEET.
- Minimum Age Limit: It is necessary for the candidates to complete at least 17 years of age at the time of admission.
- Maximum Age Limit: In 2017 supreme court had removed the criteria of maximum age limit, According to the NEET, for reserved category candidates is about 30 years and unreserved category is about 25 years.
- Number of Attempts: Regulatory does not apply any criteria for the number of attempts this year; it is one of the most beneficial for those medical aspirants who doesn’t qualify previous year.
- Qualification Required: As prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), only class 12th passed students with core subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology can appear in this examination.
- No gap year permitted: Here gap year means there will be countinuity at the time class 11th and class 12th . Only regular study with core subject candidates are allowed to attend this examination.
- NIOS candidates not eligible: NEET doesn’t allowed those candidates who have completed their schooling from open school or as private.
- As per the SC, there are some cast eligibility criteria; General category should have secured at least 50% marks in PCB while those from SC/ST/OBC should have secured 40% marks in PCB. Biology/Bio-technology will be compulsory as core subject in both Classes 11 and 12.
- BSc candidates are also eligible to attempt NEET 2018 with at least two of the subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology)/Biotechnology.
NEET 2018 Admit Card
NEET admit card will be available at the mid of April 2018, registered candidates can download it online. On admit card candidates can check their details of exam centre address, exam timings and all other details. All candidates must come with their admit card at the examination centre along with a passport size photo. Otherwise, candidates will not be allowed to attempt the examination.
NEET 2018 Result
The result will be declared on June 5, 2018 by CBSE. Appeared candidates can check their result through online. Candidates can check their score of NEET 2018 by visiting to the official website and also download it from there. At the time of NEET admission procedure downloaded copy of result are required.
Sectors where NEET 2018 Scores be Accepted:
- 15% All India Quota seats in Government medical and dental colleges in all states and UTs of India
- 85% State Quota seats for MBBS and BDS admissions in all states and UTs of India.
- MBBS and BDS seats in Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Banaras Hindu University (BHU) and Aligarh Muslim University (AMU).
- MBBS and BDS seats in all Private and Deemed medical colleges across the country including minority institutions such as CMC Vellore and CMC Ludhiana.
NEET Statistics from Previous Years
|Registered Male Candidates||4,97,043||3,69,649|
|Appeared Male Candidates||4,73,305||3,37,572|
|Qualified Male Candidates||2,66,221||1,83,424|
|Registered Female Candidates||6,41,839||4,32,930|
|Appeared Female Candidates||6,16,772||3,93,642|
|Qualified Female Candidates||3,45,313||2,26,049|
|Total Number of Seats under 15% All India Quota||4,033||3,819|
|Total Qualified Candidates||6,11,539||4,09,477|
NEET 2018 Counselling
The counseling will be conducted online and it will be in two rounds. The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will conduct the counseling within June 12 to June 24, 2018. The candidates which are selected in NEET AIQ will have the permission to registered themselves and choose their colleges and courses according to their interest. According to the merit list of NEET 2018 the seats will be allotted to the candidates. Allotment to 15% All India Quota seats in NEET 2018 will be done through the centralized counselling process. For the remaining 85% state quota seats, the respective state admission authorities will conduct their own common state counselling.
Documents Required for NEET Counselling
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Score Card
- Class 10 Certificate as Proof of Age
- Class 12 Certificate
- Identity Proof
- Category Certificate issued by a competent authority
- 10 Passport Size Photographs (Similar to the one affixed in the application form)
All the above preference given to the candidates are from the research team and fully analysed so you may take help from all the above information and get your preparation to finalize your work and get proper attention towards your final preparation so go from the above information and work on your preparation.
Please Subscribe Us to get Free Exam Preparation Materials and Many More…
[formidable id=”2″ title=”1″]