About JNVST 2018 Class 9th Admission Test – Dates, Eligibility Criteria.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya-
- It is to inform that the Lateral Entry Test for admission of students to Class IX in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya will be held on 19th May 2018. The last date of submission of Application Form at JNV is 05th April 2018.
- As per the provisions of the Scheme, one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is to be set up in each district. At present, there are 595 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya spread over 34 States and UTs in India
- In order to optimally utilize the infrastructure and facilities available in these Vidyalayas, it has been decided by the Samiti to fill the vacant seats in IX class through an All India level Selection Test. The District-wise vacant seats in the Vidyalayas are separately
Objectives of the Scheme-
- To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education to the talented children from rural areas without regard to their family’s socio-economic condition
- To ensure that students attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages as envisaged in Three Language Formula
- To serve in each district as focal point for improvement of the quality of school education in general through sharing of experiences and facilities.
Distribution of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas-
- At present, there are 626 functional Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas spread over 28 States and 07 UTs.
- Only those candidates who are studying/have studied Class VIII during the Academic Session 2017-18 in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought, are eligible.
- Candidate appearing for the admission test must qualify/ pass Class VIII in the academic session 2017-18 from a Govt./Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission.
- A candidate seeking admission must be born between 01st May 2002 and 30th April 2006 (both days inclusive). This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the SC/ST.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to a MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the FOR ADMISSION IN CLASS IX Online applications may be submitted from 01st March 2018 (00:00 Hrs.)
- A candidate may refer to NVS Hqrs. Website www.nvshq.org or website of JNV candidate, in case any doubt arises about the age on the basis of certificate produced by the candidate before the admission.
Online Process Start From: 01st March 2018
Last Date of Submitting Online Application: 05th April 2018
Date of Selection Test: 19th May 2018