What is JSO ?(Junior Science Olympiad) & its stages
Junior Science Olympiad:-
The Olympiad will follow the following two stages:
- Stage I: KVS Junior Science Olympiad (KVS-JSO).
- Stage II: Orientation cum training Camp for top 100 performers in order of merit based on their performance in KVS-JSO for National Standard Examination in Junior Science (NSEJS) conducted by Indian Association for Physics Teachers (IAPT)
- Initially, the first 100 students shortlisted from stage-I will be registered to participate in National Standard Examination in Junior Science (NSEJS) as per attached guidelines.After one year, KVS may conduct its own National Level Examination like Maths Olympiad.
- The students selected from stage I will be given rigorous training for their participation in Indian National Junior Science Olympiad (INJSO).
Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) per student… Fee for SC/ST students will be paid out of Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi of the KV concerned.
Procedure for registration:
The eligible & willing candidate has to register herself/himself on the prescribed form. (Annexure-I). The school as well as in the Regional Office concerned will retain one copy of the filled in Registration Forms for their record. However, a consolidated list of students registered Vidyalaya-wise for the KVS-JSO Olympiad should be sent to the undersigned in the proforma given in Annexure-II along with a single draft for the total amount collected as registration fee from all the students of the KVs of the Region concerned. The draft should be made in favor of “KVS, New Delhi” payable at New Delhi.
Eligibility Criteria- (KVS-JSO)
All the regular students of Kendriya Vidyalayas who have passed Class IX with Grade_C1 in Science subject in the examination are eligible to appear in KVS-JSO 2010. The first 100 students in the order of merit) will qualify for the second stage.
It will be the responsibility of the Vidyalaya and students to ensure that they fulfill eligibility criteria. In the case at any stage of the program, it is found that the student does not satisfy the eligibility criteria, he/she may be disqualified from the Scheme.
The paper test comprehension of the subject rather than rote memory. Its format will be as follows:
Multiple choice questions consisting of:
Total marks: 150
|A1||30 questions with the only o of the four options correct (negative marks for incorrect answers). Each question carries 03 marks.||90|
|A2||10 questions with any number of the four options correct. To get credit, all correct option (s) and no incorrect option(s) should be marked.
Each question carries 06 marks.
|Medium of test||English|
Qualifying for the Second Stage:
Based on the performance in KVS-JSO the top 100 students in order of merit in KVS-JSO will qualify to attend Orientation cum Training Camp to be organized by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) for preparing them for National Standard Examination on Junior Science (NSEJS) conducted by Indian Association for Physics Teachers (IAPT).
The training program may be conducted in Autumn Break at selected centers.
Certificates and Prizes/Cash Awards:
Students will be given cash awards and certificates at: –
I. KVS State Level –
- The 1st award is – Rs.5000/-
- The 2nd award is – Rs.4000/-
- The 3rd award is – Rs3000/-
II. Regional Level-
- The 1st award is – Rs.2000/-
- The 2nd award is – Rs.1500/-
- The 3rd award is – Rs. 1000/-
The students eligible for both at KVS State and Regional level will get an ONLY higher cash prize.
Content Created By – Digital Mind Web Solutions