List of 10 medical Profession entrance exams
Medical profession is considered to be one of the most prestigious careers in India. Path is not easy to become a Doctor. One has to obtain throughout the most challenging and most aggressive entrance assessments to find entrance with country’s excellent professional medical college or university. Medical entrance examinations are conducted every year on both national level medical entrance test such as AIPMT, AIIMS as well as state level medical entrance exams.
below is the list of Top 10 MBBS Entrance Exams in India student must apply to get admission into some of the most esteemed medical institutions of the country.
1. AIIMS Entrance Examination – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi was established in 1952. There are total 50 seats for which about 80,000 students compete from all over India. The exam is conducted in the month of June. Admission to various institutes like Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) is through the merit score in AIIMS
2. MH CET – The Director Medical Education and Research is the competent authority for Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MH-CET) for admission to Health Science Courses MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, BPTh, BOTh, BASLP, BP&O and BSc. Nursing courses in each academic year. It takes place in the month of May.
3. NEET / AIPMT – CBSE conducts All India Pre-Medical/Pre Dental Entrance Examination (AIPMT) to select candidates for 15% merit positions in medical and dental colleges all over India. It consists of Prelims and Main exams.
4. CMC CET – (CMC Vellore Common Entrance Test) for admission to 60 seats for MBBS degree in Christian Medical College, Vellore. It is affiliated to Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai. The exam is generally conducted in second week of May.
5. COMEDK UGET (Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka) is conducted by COMEDK for admission to Under Graduate courses in Member Institutions of the consortium.
6. DPMT – (Delhi University Pre-Medical Test) is a national level entrance test conducted by Delhi University to select students for admission to MBBS and BDS courses offered by various medical colleges affiliated to the University of Delhi.
7. GUJCET – (Gujarat Common Entrance Test) is a state-level exam conducted by The Education Department, Govt. of Gujarat. It is open for the candidates who belong to the state of Gujarat.
8. BHU PMT -All India PMT (BHU-PMT), including screening and main exam, is held annually for admission to UG medical courses of Benares Hindu University like MBBS, BDS, BAMS and B.Pharm. There are 84 seats in MBBS, 38 in BDS and 33 in B.Pharm.
9. PMET – (Punjab Medical Entrance Test) is conducted in the second week of May for admission to various medical, dental, Ayurvedic and homoeopathic colleges in Punjab.
10. JIPMER Entrance Exam is conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puduchery for admission to its renowned MBBS Course.