About NTSE Andhra Pradesh Exam, & Selection procedure.
National Talent Search Examination. – Andhra Pradesh.
The state-level National talent search Examination for class 10th was conducted on 5th Nov 2017(Sunday) from 10:00 Am to 1:00 Pm in Telugu/Hindi/Urdu and English Media at all the Headquarters of 13 Districts in the state.
The Examination Fee of Rs. 200/- should be remitted by the candidate at near SBI treasury bank through challan which was automatically generated after submission of application through online by the candidate.
The students who are studying in class 10th during that particular current year in any recognized school in Andhra Pradesh including Kendriya Vidyalayas and schools affiliated to I.C.S.C and C.B.S.E, New Delhi are only eligible to appear for further Examination. The students who have selected for NMMS Scholarships and studying in class 10th now may also eligible for NTS Examination, but such candidate has to forego the further NMMS Scholarship and if (s)he is selected in NTS Examination.
The Examination consists of:-
- Mental ability Test: 50 Marks.
- Language Comprehensive Test: 50 Marks.
- Aptitude Test: (Comprising)- 100 Marks.
- Social science.
- Language Comprehensive Test will be Qualifying in Nature and Marks will not be added for deciding Final Merit List of the Candidate and not to be added in Grand Total.
Selection process For NTSE stage 1:
- Candidates from all Union Territories appearing for stage 1 exam of NTSE 2018 need to obtain minimum 10 marks in each paper i.e. MAT, SAT and LAT to qualify for NTSE stage 2 exam.
- Whereas, candidates from all states need to score at least 25 marks in each paper of NTSE stage 1 exam.
- Candidates can check here the cutoff marks for NTSE stage 2 as mentioned in the tables below –Subject-wise NTSE cutoff (Paper 1, 2 and 3)
Test Papers Maximum Marks Qualifying Percentage/Marks General ST/SC/PH Paper I MAT 49 40% (19.6) 35% (17.15) Paper II English 50 40% (20.0) 35% (17.5) Paper II Hindi 50 40% (20.0) 35% (17.5) Paper III SAT 96 40% (38.4) 35% (33.6) Total Marks 145 40% (58) 35% (50.75)
Category-wise NTSE cutoff:
|Categories||NTSE Cut Off 2016||Maximum Marks of MAT and SAT|