About NTSE Arunachal Pradesh Exam, & Selection procedure.
National Talent Search Examination. (NTSE)-
NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2018: In order to apply for the National Talent Search Examination, an aspirant must, first of all, check the NTSE Eligibility Criteria. This will help the aspirant to know whether he/she is eligible to sit for the exam or not; otherwise, his/her candidature may be cancelled at the later stage. After going through this article, an aspirant will be able to know the NTSE Eligibility Criteria for Stage 1 and Stage 2. The National Talent Search Examination is a two-tier scholarship exam which aims to search and nurture the talent of class 10th students on the basis of their performance in the test. The NTSE is held in two stages – stage 1 and stage 2. The NTSE Stage 1 is conducted by various states and Union territories. Those candidates who clear the NTSE Stage 1 qualify for the Stage 2 directly. The NTSE 2018 Stage 1 has been conducted by various states and Union Territories, successfully on November 4 and November 5, 2017. Those who pass the NTSE Stage 1 exam will be eligible to appear for the NTSE 2017 stage 2, which will be conducted by the NCERT, New Delhi on May 13, 2018. The following is the NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2018 for Stage 1 and Stage 2.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2018 for Stage 1:
The Eligibility Criteria for NTSE 2018 Stage 1 has been given below:
- NTSE Stage 1 is conducted by State / Union Territories. A candidate must be an Indian to be eligible to appear at this level.
- Only the class 10 students (and class 8 students also in case of West Bengal) are eligible to appear for the test.
- They must have obtained 60% marks in Class 9 in the last session year.
- The aspirants must be studying in a recognized school in a particular State or UT.
- There is a relaxation of 5% marks for the SC, ST and PH Category, i.e. they need to have 55% marks in Class 9.
- Those who are pursuing class 10 from Open Distance Learning are also eligible for NTSE exam. However, his/her age must be less than 18 years as on July 1, 2018, and must not be employed while appearing for Class 10 exam.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2018 for Stage 2:
The eligibility criteria for NTSE 2018 Stage 2 is as follows:
The Qualifying criteria (i.e. cutoff) for NTSE 2018 has been provided below in a tabular form:
Paper-wise NTSE Cutoff 2018
|Papers||Maximum Marks||Qualifying %/ Marks|
|General Category||SC/ST/PH Category|
|# Paper I (MAT)||49||40% (19.6)||35% (17.15)|
|# Paper II (English Language)||50||40% (20)||35% (17.5)|
|# Paper II (Hindi Language)||50||40% (20)||35% (17.5)|
|# Paper III (SAT)||96||40% (38.4)||35% (33.6)|
|Total Marks||145||40% (58)||35% (50.75)|