About NTSE Daman & Diu Exam, & Selection procedure.
National Talent Search Exam:
Daman and Diu:
National Talent Search Scheme is a flagship activity of the NCERT started in the year 1963. The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a national level scholarship program (Exam). It is organized by an official institution of India – NCERT.
It is organized to identify Talent (pratibhā) and nurturing them for the betterment of the nation. The qualified students (Indian Only) are facilitated by financial assistance by the institution whereas it is been provided in the form of a monthly scholarship for an entire academic career. The NTSE scholar is always recognized as an extraordinary student because the NTSE is itself widely regarded as the most prestigious examination at high school level in India. The eligibility for the examination is class X appearing student.
Selection Criteria for NTSE stage 1 exam –
- Candidates from all Union Territories appearing for stage 1 exam of NTSE 2018 need to obtain minimum 10 marks in each paper i.e. MAT, SAT and LAT to qualify for NTSE stage 2 exam 2018
- Whereas, candidates from all states need to score at least 25 marks in each paper of NTSE 2018 stage 1 exam
Candidates can check here the cutoff marks for NTSE stage 2 as mentioned in the tables below –
Subject-wise NTSE cutoff (Paper 1, 2 and 3):
|Test Papers||Maximum Marks||Qualifying Percentage/Marks|
|Paper I MAT||49||40% (19.6)||35% (17.15)|
|Paper II English||50||40% (20.0)||35% (17.5)|
|Paper II Hindi||50||40% (20.0)||35% (17.5)|
|Paper III SAT||96||40% (38.4)||35% (33.6)|
|Total Marks||145||40% (58)||35% (50.75)|
NTSE Exam Pattern 2018:
The stage 1 exam of NTSE 2018 was conducted by the respective states and UTs on November 4 and 5, 2018 in an offline mode. For stage 1 and stage 2 exam of NTSE 2018, there will be three tests as mentioned below –
- Mental Ability Test (MAT) – The written test MAT of NTSE 2018 will be based on 50 objective type questions for one mark each. Candidates will be provided 45 minutes to attempt the test.
- Language Aptitude Test (LAT) – The second paper will be of a language test for English or Hindi as selected by the candidate. There will be 50 questions for the language paper carrying a total of 50 marks and the time duration will be 45 minutes.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) – The paper III of NTSE 2018 will be a scholastic aptitude test for a total of 100 marks and will be carrying 100 questions.
For stage 1, there will be no negative marking.
NTSE Exam Centres 2018:
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman Diu (Combined Centre)||Kendriya Vidyalaya
Govt. H. School Campus
Dadra & Nagar Haveli-396230