About NTSE Goa Exam, & Selection procedure. & also Important Dates
National Talent Search Examination:
The First Level of Goa National Talent Search Examination for class 10th was held on November 5, 2017.
All about NTSE 2018:
National Talent Search Exam or National Science Talent Search Scheme was launched in 1963 by NCERT with an aim to identifying the talented students and grant them with a scholarship to pursue their further education. The NTSE exam is a two-tier/stage exam where candidates are tested for their Mental, Language and Scholastic abilities. The stage 1 exam of NTSE is conducted by the respective state or UT only and the stage 2 exam is conducted by National Council of Educational Research and Training. The candidates who are shortlisted for this two-tiered examination are awarded as many as 1000 scholarships every year. Only Class X students are eligible to appear for NTSE.
NTSE 2018 Scholarship Criteria:
- Candidates who will pursue further studies in Science, Humanities, Languages, Commerce, vocational studies and Fine Arts will be awarded scholarship amount till Ph.D. level
- Candidates who study professional programmes i.e. Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Management, and Law are provided scholarship amount till their second-degree level or postgraduate programme.
NTSE Important Dates 2018:
|Notification||July 31, 2017|
|Application begins||August 2017|
|Last date of NTSE 2018 application form||Will be announced separately by each state/UT|
|NTSE stage 1 exam for Mizoram, Nagaland, Andaman and Nicobar Islands||November 04, 2017|
|NTSE stage 1 examination for all other states and Union Territories||November 05, 2017|
|National level NTSE Stage II exam 2018||May 13, 2018|
NTSE Exam Pattern 2018:
The stage 1 exam of NTSE 2018 was conducted by the respective states and UTs on November 4 and 5, 2018 in an offline mode. For stage 1 and stage 2 exam of NTSE 2018, there will be three tests as mentioned below –
- Mental Ability Test (MAT) – The written test MAT of NTSE 2018 will be based on 50 objective type questions for one mark each. Candidates will be provided 45 minutes to attempt the test.
- Language Aptitude Test (LAT) – The second paper will be of a language test for English or Hindi as selected by the candidate. There will be 50 questions for the language paper carrying a total of 50 marks and the time duration will be 45 minutes.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) – The paper III of NTSE 2018 will be a scholastic aptitude test for a total of 100 marks and will be carrying 100 questions.
For stage 1, there will be no negative marking.
In Stage 2 examination, the examination pattern has been modified by NCERT. The NTSE Stage 2 exam will comprise of two papers. Paper 1-Mental Ability test and Paper 2- Scholastic Aptitude Test. The NTSE 2018 Stage 2 exam will be held on May 13, 2018. There will be no paper on
Language Test. Each paper will consist of 100 questions. Also, there will be no negative marking in both the papers. Only those candidates qualifying in both the papers separately will be cosidered for merit.
I.N.S Mandovi verem, Bardez