About NTSE Himachal Pradesh Exam, & Selection procedure
National Talent Search Examination:
Himachal Pradesh State Council of Educational Research and Training has released the notification for the State Level Talent Search Examination 2018 for Class X Students. Any regular student studying in class 10th can appear for this scholarship examination is he/she has passed 9th with minimum 60% marks (General Category) or 55% marks (SC/ST/CWSN). The examination which will be held on 5th November 2017 (Sunday) will comprise of 3 tests namely Mental Ability test (MAT), Language Test (LT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) based on the curriculum of class 9th and 10th. Shortlisted candidates will appear in NTSE Stage 2 which will be held on 13th May 2018.
Himachal Pradesh NTSE Result 2018 – Important Dates:
Mentioned below are the important dates related to NTSE Himachal Pradesh result 2018. These dates should be noted down and kept handy so as to stay prepared for all the upcoming NTSE 2018 events.
|NTSE 2018 Stage 1||November 5, 2017|
|NTSE 2018 Stage 1 result||February 2018|
|NTSE Cutoff 2018||February 2018|
|NTSE 2018 Stage 2||May 13, 2018|
|Final NTSE 2018 Result||August 2018|
- All students of Class 10 studying in any Recognised Institution is eligible.
- Students of all boards i.e. State Boards, CBSE, ICSE are eligible.
- Students under Open Distance Learning is also eligible for it unless they are below 18 years and appearing for class 10 exam for the first time.
NTSE Reservation Criteria:
- No reservation for General and OBC caste group.
- There is 15% reservation for SC.
- There is 7.5% reservation for ST.
- Physically Disabled students get up to 4% reservation.
NTSE Syllabus / Examination Pattern:
The exam will be conducted in 2 states. The first stage will be State Level and second will be on National Level. Stage 1 examination will be conducted by SCERT and Stage 2 examination will be conducted by NCERT.
- Mental Ability Test ( MAT ) – This test is for testing the Mental ability of the candidate. In this paper, There will be 50 questions of Mental Ability / Reasoning.
- Language Test – This test is for analysis language knowledge. In this paper, There will be 50 questions of both Hindi and English i.e. 50 questions of Hindi and 50 questions of English. Candidate can select any lang. among Hindi & English and solve 50 questions of that language.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test ( SAT ) – In this test, there will be mixed questions of Science ( Physics, Chemistry, Biology ), Social Sci. ( Geography, History, Civics, Economics ) and Maths. The paper will contain 100 questions.
Negative Marking – No, There will be No Negative Marking in Stage 1.
NTSE exam 2017 (Stage 2)-
Examination pattern will be same but there will Negative Marking in Stage 2. That means 1 / 3 Marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer in Stage 2 exam.
Stage 1 Examination Details for Physically Disabled Students
|Test Name||No. of Ques||Total Marks||Duration|
|Mental Ability Test||50||50 Marks||60 Minutes|
|Language Test||50||50 Marks||60 Minutes|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test ( SAT )||100||100 Marks||120 Minutes|
Examination Application Fee:
Examination and Admission form fee will be based on State. So Visit your state’s SCERT website for Fee in your state. The Admission form fee for SC/ST and Physical Disabled students will be Half from General Students.
However, The examination Fee in many states is Rs.100 Only for General and Rs.50 for SC/ST and Physical Disabled Students.