About NTSE Lakshadweep Exam, & Selection procedure
National Talent Search Exam-
National Talent Search Exam or National Science Talent Search Scheme was launched in 1963 by NCERT with an aim to identifying the talented students and grant them with a scholarship to pursue their further education. The NTSE exam is a two-tier/stage exam where candidates are tested for their Mental, Language and Scholastic abilities. The stage 1 exam of NTSE is conducted by the respective state or UT only and the stage 2 exam is conducted by National Council of Educational Research and Training. The candidates who are shortlisted for this two-tiered examination are awarded as many as 1000 scholarships every year. Only Class X students are eligible to appear for NTSE.
NTSE 2018 Reservation Criteria:
The NCERT awards scholarships to around 1,000 students based. As per the criteria fixed by the NCERT, the various reserved categories will receive the scholarship in the following manner:
- As per the NTSE Norms, there is a reservation for SC and ST candidates. The quota for SC and ST students is 15% and 7.5%, respectively. However, only those candidates who score minimum qualifying marks under this category will be eligible for the scholarship.
- For physically challenged students, there is a reservation of 3%.
NTSE 2018 Exam Pattern:
The examination pattern for NTSE Exam Pattern 2018 has been described below-
1. Stage 1 –
- This stage will be conducted at the state and UT level which consists of 2 parts – MAT or Mental Ability Test
- LAT or Language Aptitude Test
- SAT or Scholastic Aptitude Test
Stage 2 –
The pattern of this stage of the exam is given below
|Paper||Test||No. of Questions||No. of Marks||Exam Duration (in mins.)|
Further, it must be noted that the in stage 1 paper, the candidate will get 1 mark for every correct answer and there will be no negative marking. However, in the stage-II exam, for every wrong answer, 1/3rd marks will be deducted.
NTSE, Maharashtra Stage 1, Cut-off:
- General- 110.13.
- SC- 86.93.
- ST- 77.19.
|Maharashtra – I (District’s)
8. Mumbai (North)
9. Mumbai (West)
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Bhandup
N.C.H Colony LBS Marg Kanjurmarg (W)
|Maharashtra – II (District’s)
|Kendriya Vidyalaya BEG
Near Deccan College Road
Near Sadal Baba Darga, Yarwada