About NTSE Nagaland Exam, & Selection procedure National Talent Search Exam:
The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), a national scholarship examination for awarding scholarships to class 10th students is conducted by National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). NTSE is a two-tier exam where stage 1 is conducted by the States/UTs and stage 2 exam is conducted at a national level by NCERT. This year, NTSE 2018 was conducted at a state level on November 4 and 5, 2017 and the one at a national level will be conducted on May 13, 2018. Candidates could apply for NTSE stage 1 2018 for their respective states. The last date of filling NTSE application form 2017 is different for all states/UTs. Candidates who are studying in class Xth can apply before the last date of application. The exam for NTSE stage 1 and stage 2 will be based on Mental Ability Test, Scholastic Ability Test, and Language Ability Test. NTSE 2018, at both state level and national level will be conducted in offline mode only. Candidates who will qualify NTSE 2018 at state/UT level are eligible to appear for a national level screening test. The candidates who will qualify NTSE 2018 will be awarded a scholarship for till their Ph.D. level studies or postgraduation level studies depending on their stream.
Important Dates for results of NTSE 2018:
|NTSE 2018 Stage I Conducted for Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Andaman & Nicobar Islands||November 4, 2017|
|NTSE 2018 Stage I Conducted for all other states and Union Territories||November 5, 2017|
|NTSE Result 2018 – Stage I||January-March, 2018|
|NTSE 2018 stage II – For All states and Union Territories||May 13, 2018|
|Result of NTSE 2018 Stage II||August 2018|
Candidates must note that the NTSE 2018 results will be declared by the State Boards and NCERT in only online mode and there will no postal of offline communication of any form.
NTSE Exam Pattern 2018:
The stage 1 exam of NTSE 2018 was conducted by the respective states and UTs on November 4 and 5, 2018 in an offline mode. For stage 1 and stage 2 exam of NTSE 2018, there will be three tests as mentioned below –
- Mental Ability Test (MAT) – The written test MAT of NTSE 2018 will be based on 50 objective type questions for one mark each. Candidates will be provided 45 minutes to attempt the test.
- Language Aptitude Test (LAT) – The second paper will be of a language test for English or Hindi as selected by the candidate. There will be 50 questions for the language paper carrying a total of 50 marks and the time duration will be 45 minutes.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) – The paper III of NTSE 2018 will be a scholastic aptitude test for a total of 100 marks and will be carrying 100 questions.
For stage 1, there will be no negative marking.
In Stage 2 examination, the examination pattern has been modified by NCERT. The NTSE Stage 2 exam will comprise of two papers. Paper 1-Mental Ability test and Paper 2- Scholastic Aptitude Test. The NTSE 2018 Stage 2 exam will be held on May 13, 2018. There will be no paper on Language Test. Each paper will consist of 100 questions. Also, there will be no negative marking in both the papers. Only those candidates qualifying in both the papers separately will be considered for merit.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2018:
Candidates appearing for NTSE stage 1 and stage 2 examination need to satisfy the eligibility criteria of NTSE 2018 as mentioned by each state as well as NCERT. Candidates can check below the NTSE 2018 eligibility criteria as mentioned below –
- Candidates currently studying in class 10 are eligible to apply for stage 1 exam of NTSE 2018
- Candidates must not be more than 18 years of age as on July of year of the examination
- Candidates studying through open learning/ distance mode education are also eligible to apply, however, they must not be above 18 years of age and not be employed anywhere.
- Candidates must not be re-appear examination of class 10
need not submit any application form to NCERT and also no fee required for NTSE 2017 stage 2 to be conducted by NCERT.
|Nagaland||Kendriya Vidyalaya Kohima
CRPF Camp, Lerie Hill