Easiest Way To Memorize The Periodic Table. & its Procedure
Whether you have a test coming up or just want to learn something new, the periodic table of elements is a helpful tool to know. Memorizing all 118 elements may seem tricky, especially since each one has a unique symbol and atomic number. Fortunately, if you start early, you can learn a few elements every day. Mnemonic devices, phrases, will boost your memory while making studying enjoyable. If you’re ready to test your skills, try a few games or even draw a table completely from memory.
- You should be familiar with the names and symbols of all the elements because we will mug-up the symbols only.
- Knowing the atomic number of a few common elements is required for self-correction (in case you forget something here n there)
The trick is to go for the phonetics of the symbols instead of the name.
I divided the table into 14 parts-
- Alkali metals- column IA (HLiNaKRbCsFr)
- Alkali earth metals- column IIA (BeMgCaSrBaRa)
- Transition metals- row 4 (ScTiVCrMn FeCoNiCuZn)
- Transition metals- row 5 (YZrNbMoTcRuRhPdAgCd)
- Transition metal- row 6 (LaHfTaWReOsIrPtAuHg)
- Transition metals- row 7 (Ac UnqUnpUnhUnsUnoUneUnn)
- Noble Gases, poor metals and non metals- row 1 (He)
- Noble Gases, poor metals and non metals-row 2 (BCNOFNe)
- Noble Gases, poor metals and non metals – row 3 (AlSiPSClAr)
- Noble Gases, poor metals and non metals- row 4 (GaGeAsSeBrKr)
- Noble Gases, poor metals and non metals –row 5 (InSnSbTeIXe)
- Noble Gases, poor metals and non metals -row 6 (TlPbBiPoAtRn)
- Lanthanide series-(CePrNdPmSmEuGd TbDyHoErTmYbLu)
- Actinide series- (ThPaUNpPuAmCmBk CfEsFmMdNoLr)
Then I memorized these words (in bold above) in sequence as if it were a song in some martian language.
Now, just arrange these words in their respective rows and columns of the periodic table (Be careful with ScTiVCrMnFeCoNiCuZn. Its the 4th row).
- It might look like a humongous task but just start saying the words (It’s better if you write it too). It took me 2 hours to get a good grasp.
- Repeat it twice a day for 3–4 days and you’ll be perfect.
- If you repeat it once a week like a song for 4-5 weeks, you will be teaching it to your grandchildren.
HaLiNa(halina) KabR(b)(kabar) SCe(say) Fraar
Beta Mange Car Scooter Baap Razi
Now, Horizontally (Group 3-12), Periodwise in D-Block
Science T(i)eacher Very Cruel Mangay Fees Copy Nahi Cumini(kameeni) Zalim
[Inappropriate I know, alternative welcome]
Yari Zara Nibhana Mout Tac Rukawat Rah Pde (toh) Aag (pe se) Cudo (koodo)
La Hafta Warna Re Osama Idhar Pitai Aur Hogi
Back to Vertically, Group 14 onwards:
Bengan Alu Gajar In Thaila
Cahein Sita Ge Suno Prabhu
Nana Papa Asif Sab Bimar
(uss)OS Se(say) TePo(taypo)
FaCl(fasal) BarI Ata
Group 18:(my favorite)
Hey Narayen Arjun Kare Xerox Ramayan
so, this way another way through which you can easily memorize the periodic table. I hope you find these way helpful.