A guide to planning your success & Also Various Types
John Dewery once said, “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself”. The importance of class 12 examinations has always been of great magnitude. An effective study plan combined with smart techniques would result in great results! Before we dive into drafting a timetable, let us look at some techniques which would enhance your preparation.
- RTV Technique – RTV is an acronym for Read, Think and Visualize. Thinking on the subject matter after reading is a must. Critical thinking and logical reasoning are skills used in daily life too. One must be able to question the content and analyze it. A student must never hesitate to ask the question, “Why?”.
- Compete with yourself- Remember, the competition is with you and nobody else. Always try to surpass your previous performance. This results in healthy stress and has no scope for a student to feel demotivated.
- Introspection – Try to learn more about yourself. Figure out your learning technique. There are various types of learners:
Identify the type of learner you are and study accordingly. The secret to ace the examinations is knowing yourself the best. There are going to be many people who will give you an assorted menu of advises, but in reality, you are the best adviser for yourself.
Now that we have discussed the few guidelines to keep in mind while studying, lets draft the timetable. One major mantra to be followed is to keep a daily routine. A constant study-schedule will be the most effective. Remember, your time-table should never be an employee of a part-time company. Set realistic study goals and do your daily studying.
- The first step is to recognize the subjects which you feel are the most difficult. Remember that this varies from student to student. If you are a student who would prefer staying up late in the night, you could choose to study two of these subjects at that time. If you are an early riser, you could study then too. Just remember that these subjects require your complete focus and attention.
- Keep two hours of your evening time dedicated to self-assessment. Try solving as many questions as possible of the subjects you revised either in the morning or night. This will clear your concepts even more and get you familiar with the answer writing skills.
- Make sure that you rejuvenate yourself. Getting worked up is just going to exhaust you. Keep half an hour of your time just to relax. You may choose to go down for a walk or watch your favorite show.
- After you are done refreshing yourself, pick up a light subject for a brief 45 min revision. It is always good to not neglect your strong subjects under the influence of over-confidence.
- Make sure you don’t compromise on your health. A good 7-8 hr. sleep and nutritious food will always enhance your focus.
- Keep the weekends for a weekly revision of all the concepts you have studied. You would be surprised on how quick you finish all the concepts which initially took a lot of time. Go through all the notes you made and the keywords of the concepts. This is one of the techniques which all the famous toppers would be using.
At the end of the day, it is your efforts and commitment to the subject which shines. If you are a slow learner that needs help from an expert, it is good to enroll in an education academy. You may enroll yourself for a private tuition or even join an online course. too is an amazing option for students who look for material and guidance. The students giving examinations such as JEE Mains and NEET must realize that the basic 12th standard syllabus which you study must be made strong. The entrance examinations are just an extension of all the 12th grade concepts. With these points in mind, embrace your goal and embark the journey towards your dream destination